
Alexa+, Amazon’s major AI upgrade of its smart home assistant, has started rolling out to Australian users, and I recently had a firsthand look at the technology in action. It’s definitely smarter than the original Alexa, and even had some fashion tips for me.
Joining a growing list of LLM-powered smart assistants, Alexa+ can provide answers to your questions based on contextual information. To put it to the test, I stood in front of an Echo Show 11 display and asked if I was dressed appropriately for the occasion.
Alexa then used the device’s built-in camera to snap a photo to analyse my outfit. It correctly identified my maroon sweater, including the colour, labelling the look as “smart casual”. I asked how I could dress up a bit, to which the smart assistant suggested adding a blazer or structured jacket.
It’s a pretty niche example, but it made me keen to see how AI-based assistants could play a larger role beyond just managing your smart home.
The post I tried Alexa+ for the first time: It gave me fashion advice appeared first on GadgetGuy.






0 comments:
Post a Comment